Saturday 22 June 2013

God sent me you?

David getting into a conversation at the gala day.
I was out sharing the other weekend with a group of guys at a church community outreach gala type event. I began a conversation with a couple who were just sitting down and I guess waiting for friends.

As I initiated with the guy he seemed disinterested and somehow managed to weasel out of the conversation in fact he got up and left. I found myself talking with his partner.

As I shared with her it seemed as if what I was saying was all new to her. I took her through the law and she was humble enough to admit that she'd violated God's law. It then made sense to her that if God were to judge her at the end of her life she'd be guilty and end up in hell. She began to see her need for forgiveness.

I could see a sobering expression on her face, as if she'd just realised the seriousness of her situation. That if her heart were to give out that night she'd end up in hell forever!

I asked her a question. I said, "Do you know what God did for you so that you wouldn't end up in hell?" and her words were a lot more profound that she may have realised.

She said, "He sent me you?"

The pure naivety in her response made he laugh in my mind. I said to her "Yes He did send me to you, not to save you but to tell you about the Saviour Jesus Christ, how He died on the cross for your sins, and then three days later rising from the dead."

As Christians we need to remember that we are Ambassadors for Christ and He sends us to people to share with them the message of eternal life.

May God give us strength to be a witness for Him as he sends us to people in our community.


No comments:

Post a Comment